The ICE Europe exhibition is a great opportunity to spend time with many of our customers. Exhibiting at ICE Europe also gives us a good platform for showcasing our slitting expertise. At the previous ICE Europe show (in 2017) our X6 Slitter Rewinder drew a lot of interest, so this year we will be exhibiting the very latest iteration of the X6 slitter.
The latest version of the Universal X6 shares the same heritage as every X6 we have built, and has some key developments that we are looking forward to discussing with delegates at ICE Europe.
The Universal X6 Slitter has been designed as a fast changeover machine with a range of options designed to reduce setup time, maximise running time and running speed and guarantee consistent quality. The automation systems ensure that the required setup is achieved from the first set of rolls as you know the tensions, slit positions and core positions are all correct. These machines are sold worldwide with a comprehensive diagnostic and support system. The machine at ICE 2019 incorporates features such as:
- Fast loading unwind, including floor pick-up, with remote control
- Constant geometry lay on rollers for precise control with tail clamps
- Closed loop rewind tension control ensuring rolls are always wound at the correct tension
- Easy operation with 22” operator interface and two additional touchscreens for fast operation
- Automatic positioning of shear (knives and anvils) and razor blades
- Automatic positioning of rewind cores
- Automatic positioning of guider sensor
- Additional slit tension zone
- Extensive diagnostics
- FREE internet and phone based support for the life of the machine
At ICE 2019, Universal will also be unveiling a range of additional automation systems to further reduce operator input required in setting and running the Universal X6 slitting machine. In addition to the X6, Universal will also be displaying its CCA automatic core cutter and will have information on its range of rewinding equipment, laser perforation and scribing systems, hot melt coating and laminating machines and roll handling trolleys.